Friday, June 6, 2008

From Stockholm, Sweden, to Brownsville, KY

When two of your favorite things overlap, you must sit up and take notice. That happened today when Justin Wolfers wrote about his Stockholm Marathon experience on the Freakonomics blog. It's hot dogs and beer at the finish at Stockholm!

And, also in the running vein, tomorrow is my first 5k of the year. In fact, due to injury last fall and marathon training all winter, I have not raced a 5k since last September on Labor Day. So, I do not have a good idea of how fast I will run. I know it's going to be HOT, so it will be a tough go.

Tomorrow's race is a fundraiser 5k for the Edmonson County High School cross country team in Brownsville, KY. I set a 5k personal record (PR) on this course last year (17.45). It's not flat, but there is more downhill than uphill. With the forecasted heat and wind, getting under that time could be difficult, but I think I'm in pretty good shape.

No comments: