Just wanted to post a quick update on my Boston training.
1. My knee pain seems to be responding well to simply running on it. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but sometimes, the elevated heart rate creates sustained blood flow to minor dings and injuries that can actually help the healing process. Anyway, it seems to be getting better. I am planning about an hour of easy running later, so hopefully the pain level will be even lower than Saturday.
2. Simon and I have been sharing a nasty cold for the last few days. The good news is that my cold is in its "exiting" stage, so it should be gone by next Monday.
3. For the first time ever, you can watch the entire Boston Marathon online at WCSN.com. Coverage begins at 9.25 am ET (8.25 am CT) next Monday. The race starts at 10 am ET (9 am CT).
4. I will post the link for tracking my progress during the race on Thurs or Friday. The tracking page will eventually be here. Simply enter my bib number (#4006) and my name will come up.
5. Forecast for race day in Boston is currently 55 degrees and mostly sunny. PLEASE let that hold up! That would be a made-to-order temperature if the winds stay down.