Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blog Resurrection and Fries

OK, I've taken long hiatuses (hiati?) before and came back. It's been awhile. I will try to be more frequent here during the semester.

I shared this video with my students on the first day of class today. It was a jaw-dropper. Most of them were stunned. I realize that this may not be an experiment conducted in a lab with perfect controls, but I think the general purpose is served.

Food breaks down by natural processes. Outside the body, it molds and decomposes over time. Well, most food does. This 5-minute video pretty much explains why I don't eat at McDonald's.

McDonald's Fries Defy Nature

Sure, our stomachs have strong acids that can break down most anything. That's not the point. The point is: why don't these fries decompose on their own by natural processes outside the body?

Don't mess with nature and creation. It usually has dire consequences.

No comments: