Monday, March 26, 2007

Off-season/On-season

DAILY RUNNING MILEAGE: 8 miles

The college basketball offseason is rapidly approaching, and so is the 2006-07 version of The Bracket Board. I will be packing TBB away in mothballs for several months after the Final Four this weekend. It has been a great year, but by April, my brain has been battered with too many pace of play calcuations and too many hours poring over the RPI, conference standings, and efficiency statistics.

But, last off-season, I truly missed blogging. Therefore, I have created this blog as an outlet for other (and more important) topics. Life does not have "off-seasons," so I declare this April through October the "on-season."

A lot of what happens here will be running related, especially for the next few weeks. I have completed long runs of 20 miles or more for four consecutive Saturdays in preparation for the Derby Marathon (Louisville, KY) on April 28. This Saturday, I will be running a 1/2 marathon race (13.1 miles) in Bowling Green as a tune-up for the marathon (all marathons are 26.2 miles) next month. The ultimate goal is a Boston Marathon qualifying time at the race in Louisville.

That would set me up to run Boston in '08.

There will be lots more running talk later this week.

No comments: